I am going to be releasing a fairly minor new version to the web site shortly, though because it is so minor I don’t plan to send an email to all users about it. (It will still be available via Help -> Check for Updates, of course.)
If those of you who can spare a few minutes could give it a quick test, to make sure I haven’t missed anything, it would be much appreciated (and of course a service to the many other users of DONATION, if you help save them from a bug!).
As always, you get this new version from www.software4nonprofits.com/pretest.htm. Here are the changes and fixes in it:
- Moved the One Date reports, previously under Reports -> Donation, to a new sub-menu, Reports -> One Date Donation. (This was discussed in my previous blog post.)
- Added two new reports under Reports -> One Date Donation: Details and Summary, and Details with Member/Envelope # and Summary. Each combine the respective Details report with the summary by category part of the Summary report, on one page if they both fit. (The three previously-existing individual Details or Summary reports are also all still available.)
- Added a new report, Reports -> Donation -> All Donations -> Sort by Amount.
- Fixed a bug in the Standalone version full installation program (doninst.exe) that in very unusual circumstances would give an incorrect error message that you were trying to upgrade from a version prior to version 2.30, and not let you continue the installation.
- Fixed a bug where you are backing up to a USB memory key that has insufficient free disk space to hold the backup, and it says the backup was successful, but in fact it wasn’t. (Fortunately given the capacity of USB memory keys, and the usually very small size of DONATION database backups, this would have been a very unusual occurrence!)