Hello again DONATION beta testers. I have uploaded a new beta test version, 3.79 Beta3. We would greatly appreciate it if as many of you as possible could test it out. As usual, you get it from:
There are a lot of small improvements in it, including:
- Email Sending Configuration working better with Gmail addresses
- special setup for users in New Zealand
- built-in receipts for English Canada fitting in #10 single-window envelopes
- fixed the date format used in receipts for English Canada and the U.S.A.
- detecting and trying to prevent duplicate envelope numbers in the same year
- lots of other small feature improvements and bug fixes, all of which are listed on that pretest.htm page, and the Revision History in the program’s Help.
However, the biggest change from our perspective (which you should really not see at all) is a significant re-organization of the program’s code so that a lot of pieces of it can be shared with our ACCOUNTS bookkeeping program. If we have done this correctly, you won’t see a single difference from it, but if we missed something, some features could fail to work.
Of course, both Kwame and I have carefully tested pretty much every feature in the program, but we know from experience that the more different people test things, the more likely problems are to be caught, because someone else will just try something in a slightly different way than we thought of trying it.
Of course, if you encounter any problems report them to us ASAP and we will fix them and get a fix back to you ASAP as well.
Thank you very much in advance.